As we mark the 39th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, we must remember that this Supreme Court decision not only protects a woman’s health and reproductive freedom, but also affirms a broader principle: that government should not intrude on private family matters. I remain committed to protecting a woman’s right to choose and this fundamental constitutional right. While this is a sensitive and often divisive issue—no matter what our views, we must stay united in our determination to prevent unintended pregnancies, support pregnant woman and mothers, reduce the need for abortion, encourage healthy relationships, and promote adoption. And as we remember this historic anniversary, we must also continue our efforts to ensure that our daughters have the same rights, freedoms, and opportunities as our sons to fulfill their dreams.
Posted on 22 January, 2012, 10:18am. Reblogged from barackobama and Originally from theamericanprospect. This post has 5,636 notes.
tags: | #quotes | #roe vs wade | #women's rights
- jordanyounis reblogged this from un-frenesi
- ihasapolitics reblogged this from ihasafandom
- yetanotherramblingfangirl likes this
- lostsometime reblogged this from acaele
- kitewolf reblogged this from barackobama
- glovek77 likes this
- blomberg-tkf-7451-w50 reblogged this from barackobama
- slim-extreme-3d reblogged this from barackobama
- todoestemporario likes this
- yousoocute likes this
- la-classifieds reblogged this from barackobama
- theamericanprospect posted this